With new social networking sites like Ello become sites where we spend more and more of our time it is no surprise that Symbolic Interaction features articles that explore “the affects processes of self and identity in theoretically and empirically interesting ways” like Jenny L. Davis’ paper “Triangulating the Self: Identity Processes in a Connected Era“, just published on Early View. Based on face to face interviews and synchronous text-based exchanges Davis investigates the negotiation of identity in a networked era. What does it mean to project an “ideal” or an “authentic” image of oneself on Facebook and other social networking sites?
- New Article on Early View: “Triangulating the Self: Identity Processes in a Connected Era” by Jenny L. Davis
- Review on Recent Developments in French Interactionist Sociology #sssi
- New on Early View: B Brossard’s article on self-harm #sssi
- “in social life “it all depends” – Alex I. Thompson on ‘Disability and Identity’ by Rosalyn Darling #sssi
- Interview with Peter M. Hall on YouTube Channel #sssi
- My Tweets